To look, and feel healthier, and feel more energetic in 6 weeks (or less).
"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now." -Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
I would like to preface this list with what I consider to be the most important aspect of health, and that is WATER. If you simply increase your water intake to 8 glasses of QUALITY spring water (preferably from the source) you will see health improvements rapidly. Wake up with 1/2-1 litre of water beside the bed, sip more all through the day, That's my trick. Enjoy this list, and let me know how it goes!
1. NO ADDED SUGAR
If it causes you to feel bad, gain weight, and lack mental clarity, is it really a treat?
2 teaspoons of added sugar will suppress the immune system for up to 4 hours. Strive to cut out all added sugars. Read labels carefully. Use Stevia as an alternative. They have some delicious flavours. My personal favourite is the “Sweet Leaf” Brand in Vanilla. Stevia is safe for dabetics, and does not spike the blood sugar. It tastes great, and can be used in hot drinks, smoothies, or baking. Avoid products such as “Vitamin Water”, and others with high sugar content. As a general rule you should not have more than 8-12g of sugar per serving. Many of these products claim to be healthy(er) and it just isn’t so.
2. NO DAIRY (click for info)
- Cow, Goat and sheep's milk, cheese, and yoghurt are proving not to be the healthy foods that the government preaches. The latest studies (i.e. The China Study) proclaim that the protein in dairy, especially cow dairy feeds cancer cells, causes a plethora of health problems such as arthritis and inflammation, asthma, ear infections, ADD, digestive issues such as colitis and IBS, and many others. For more great info on the dangers dairy go to: www.notmilk.com
3. DAILY SUPERFOODS
The reason we need to eat is to fuel our body so that it can create energy for us to live with vitality. With this in mind, what we choose to eat should be only nutritionally dense foods. Superfoods are both healthy, delicious, and fuel the body perfectly. The most valuable superfoods on my list include: Bee Pollen (sprinkle on cereal, in smoothies, etc), Goji Berries, Hemp Seeds, Chlorella (i.e. Boku), Coconut and Coconut butters, raw Pumpkin and Chia seeds, raw olives, raw cacao, Avocado, medicinal Mushrooms i.e. Shiitake, Maitake, Reishi, sprouts of all kinds - learn to make your own - these are powerhouses of quality nutrients. Eat foods in their natural form. A high raw food diet is the perfect diet for optimal health. Cooking, and denaturing foods will lower your quality of health, and life, just as it does to the plant/vegetable.
- Avoid fried foods, potato chips, french fries, pastries, muffins, and any oils that have been cooked at high heat. The only safe oil at high heat is coconut oil (try unflavoured for best results). High fat diets clog the digestive system, cause cardiovascular disease, proliferate cancer cells, raise cholesterol, and lower energy levels. Eating foods in their natural form such as avocado, and olives, also high in fat are encouraged. Avoid Canola, It is toxic.
- Eat 1/3 of your meal in green veggies such as: Kale, mustard greens, broccoli, chard, dandelion greens, high quality lettuces such as romaine, and baby greens, bok choy, chinese cabbage, rapini, etc. sneak these also into your smoothies for high quality nutrient value in each blended drink.
6. QUALITY SLEEP
- If you are not sleeping a minimum of 6-7 solid hours of sleep per night this is something that needs to be corrected asap. This means your hormones, and all mandatory systems in the body are fighting to find balance. If you are sleeping more than 9 hours and wake up feeling unrested, this is also a warning sign.
If you don't know where to find some of these great superfoods, try your local health food store, or your local grocery store's organic section. You may say that it is expensive, or difficult to find, but which is more expensive, and time consuming .... spending more on the prevention, or correcting your health when it's too late? Prioritizing your health will save you time on doctor's visits, medication, and most importantly - quality of life. It's well worth the time and effort to build healthy cells, and healthy habits with each meal.